Dean Gordon Guitars
Dean Gordon Chelsea Hotelecaster #025
Since 1884, Hotel Chelsea has stood as one of New York City's most iconic buildings, located in the heart of Chelsea on 23rd Street between 7th and 8th Avenues. What makes this building so historic is the many legendary and creative individuals to reside in the hotel throughout its years such as Jimi Hendrix, Andy Warhol, Bob Dylan, Mark Twain, Jeff Beck, Stanley Kubrick, Leonard Cohen, and so many more. In 2011, the hotel began renovations to bring the building to its former glory.
This guitar is made of the Civil War era old growth pine that once framed out the famed Chelsea Hotel, the saps within the wood have crystalized over time helping give the wood a resonant dynamic tone. We have combined modern specification such as a compound radius and stainless steel frets to make the Hotelecaster play like butter.
Serial #025 , weight 6.9 lbs
- Civil War era Chelsea Hotel pine
- Ultra thin shellac finish
- Michigan Silver maple shaft
- Dark Indian rosewood fingerboard
- Medium C neck shape .835"-.925"
- 21 medium jumbo stainless steel frets
- 25.5" scale
- "10-14" compound radius
- vintage style heel adjust dual acting truss rod
- Bone nut
- Thin satin nitro finish
- Real clay top and side dots
- McNelly T-Bar Telecaster set
- Standard Telecaster wiring
- Aged Gotoh staggered Klusons
- Aged Telecaster bridge w/ compensated brass saddles
- Aged Control plate and knurled knobs
If you have any questions please contact us here